The CPU 162-17 packs the unparalleled performance and power efficiency of the latest Intel® Core™ i7 processors with the features of the Mobile Intel® QM77 Express chipset in a 125x95mm COM Express basic form factor.
The CPU 162-17 has been designed to deliver superior performance and reliability, in particular for all those applications where uptime and availability are a must.
Standard configurations support the Intel® Core™ i7-3615QE (2.3GHz, Quad Core) and i7-3517UE (1.7GHz, Dual Core) processors. The Intel® Core™ i7-3612QE (2.1GHz, Quad Core) and i7-3555LE (2.5GHz, Dual Core) configurations are build-to-order option.
With support for up to 8GB soldered DDR3L-1600 ECC memory configurations, the CPU 162-17 is ideal to design systems that have to be very resilient to harsh operating conditions.
The pinout of the CPU 162-17 can be switched from Type 6 to Type 2, allowing users to employ a single platform across a number of applications with the maximum efficiency.
The CPU 162-17 supports most major operating systems, including Windows® 7, Windows® Embedded Standard 7 and Wind River Linux.
More CPU Performance and More Graphics Performance – The CPU-162-17 equipped with the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors with the Mobile Intel® QM77 Express chipset delivering unparalleled computing power for high end application users. The combination of 22nm process technology and 3-D tri-gate transistor technology of the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ processor achieves dramatic performance improvement of graphics / media processing and power consumption reduction at the same time.
High Reliability for Critical Application – The CPU-162-17 has soldered -down processor and memory, ensuring critical operation; moreover, ECC support adds further reliability.
Powerful Graphics – The CPU-162-17 provides PCI Express Graphics, VGA and three DDI ports (DisplayPort / HDMI / DVI /SDVO) which are utilized by newly-defined PICMG COM Express Rev2.0, Type 6 pinout.
Feature Rich, High Speed Interface – The CPU-162-17 delivers a broad range of peripherals, such as one x16 Gen3 PCI Express interface, total of six lanes of Gen2 PCI Express (configurable), 4 SATA ports (including 2 SATA-600 interfaces), two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports and one 10/100/1000 Ethernet interface.
3rd Generation Intel®Core™ Processor family
• SV: Intel® Core™ i7-3615QE(Quad Core / 2.3GHz / 45W)
• ULV: Intel® Core™ i7-3517UE(Dual Core / 1.7GHz /17W)
• SV: Intel® Core™ i7-3612QE(Quad Core / 2.1GHz /35W) (Build-to-order)
• LV: Intel® Core™ i7-3555LE(Dual Core / 2.5GHz /25W) (Build-to-order)
• Cache Memory: SV=6MB, LV=4MB, ULV=4MB
• Intel®Technologies: Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, Intel® Hyper Threading Technology,
• Intel® Virtualization Technology, Intel® 64
• Chipset: Mobile Intel®QM77
• SV: Direct-mounted DDR3L-1600 8GB, ECC supported
• ULV: Direct-mounted DDR3L-1600 2GB, ECC supported
(Note) 8GB memory version is only supported by 64-bit OS
• Build-to-order configuration option: SV & LV: Direct-mounted DDR3L-1600, ECC supported (2GB, 4GB or 8GB)
• Boot ROM: SPI-Flash 8MB
• PICMG COM.0 COM Express Module Base Specification Rev 2.0
• Basic Module size (125mm x 95mm)
• Type 6 & Type 2 Pinout (without PCIbus, IDE port)
• PCI Express Graphics (Gen3): one x16 or two x8 (configurable)
• PCI Express (Gen2): one x4 or two x2(configurable) + two x1
• 3x Graphic DDI (DisplayPort / HDMI / DVI)
• 1x Graphic VGA
• 2x SATA-300 + 2x SATA-600
• 2x USB 2.0 + 2x USB 3.0
• 1x Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T
• 1x LPC
• 4x GPI + 4x GPO
• 1x SMBus
• 1x I2C Bus
DC 12V (VCC_12V) 12.0V, ±5%
DC 5V (VCC_5VSBY) 5.0V, ±5%
DC 3V (VCC_RTC) 2.0V – 3.0V
• 125mm (W) x 95mm (L) x 21mm (H)(incl.8mm height for heat spreader and spacers)
• Weight: TBD
• Operating Temperature: 0ºC to +60ºC, optional versions -40º/+85º C
• Cooling mechanism such as heatsink is required on the heat spreader for heat dissipation
• Storage Temperature: -10ºC to +70ºC
• Humidity: up to 85%RH (no condensation)
• RoHS compliant
• OS: Windows® 7, Windows® Embedded Standard 7, Wind River Linux