The CPU-31-12 is a 6U single-slot Compact PCI (PCMG 2.16 compatible)
platform based on Core2 Duo CPUs: it supports low power applications thanks
to the dual core L7400, and it offers a great performance to power ratio when
configured with the dual core T7400.
Available in standard and rugged versions, the CPU-31-12 is a flexible platform
that can be employed in industrial, transportation and defense applications. Suitable for harsh environments, it supports conduction cooling, wedgelocks and a full-board heat sink for high shock/vibration environments and temperature extremes.
The CPU-31-12 supports on-board bootable Compact Flash and delivers a rich set of periferals: it supports PCI-X and PCIe expansion, USB 2.0, ATA/100, and Serial ATA (SATA). Two Gb Ethernet ports and two USB 2.0 ports are accessible from the front panel, which also allows access to the two PMC sites. The interfaces towards the backplane include two PICMG 2.16-compliant,
10/100/1000BaseTX ports, two SATA ports, VGA video,up to four COM ports, an optional IDE interface, PS/2 mouse & keyboard, and two more USB 2.0.
Two PMC-X site are provided for additional I/O expansion. One of the sites is XMC compatible and supports x8 PCI Express. Conventional PC I/O is accessible with industry-standard connectors on optional rear I/O modules.
Low Power – Tundra Universe IID PCI-VMEbus interface provides VME64 compatibility and backward compatibility with older VME backplanes.
ECC Memory – Dual core processing
at less than 25W typical power consumption enables cool operation at extended temperature.
Feature Rich – With dual PMC/XMC expansion sites and a number of on board peripherals, including video, USB and SATA
Rugged – Supporting extended temperature, wedge locks, conduction cooling and conformal coating
• DUAL CORE L7400 1.5 GHZ CORE2 DUO
• DUAL CORE T7400 2.16 GHZ CORE2 DUO
• 4 GB DDR2-400, WITH ECC
• E7520 (memory controller)
• 6300ESB (I/O controller)
SOLID STATE MEMORY
• On-board bootable Type II
• 2x dual Gb Ethernet
• 4x USB 2.0 Ports
• 4x COM
• Keyboard, Mouse
• 2x PATA/100
• 2x SATA/150 compliant
• 1x XMC site (x8 PCI Express)
• 2x PMC (PCI-X 64/66)
• PICMG 2.0 R3.0
• Single slot
• Non-transparent PCI-PCI bridge
• Universal bridge: operates as system controller or peripheral slot module
• Supports Hot Swapping according to PICMG 2.1 R2.0
• Connectors J3 and J5 are used for I/O expansion
• Programmable watchdog timer for system recovery
• 0°/+70°C standard version
• -40°/+85°C rugged version
• Extended temperature range
• Stiffener bar for high shock/vibration immunity (MIL-STD-810F)
• Convection-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
• Conformal coating option
• Approximately 15 oz
REAR TRANSITION MODULE
• Optional XPDRIO rear I/O interface board with standard connectors